Re: how SHOULD it look

From: Greg Hulands (ghuland..ac.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 18:33:31 EDT

    I meant to add to the last email that I love the subtleness of the
    splitviews.

    On 30/06/2008, at 3:13 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    >> When you click on the close button, the image doesn't switch to a
    >> depressed mode like safari. The non active tabs have the depressed
    >> button image.
    > Yeah, I noticed that also -- Actually if you look closely, when you
    > click it, it turns into the old red X from the old tab style.

    It seems to be some sort of event tracking. If I click and hold down
    but do not move, it stays the same, if I start to move or release
    while over it it turns to the old red one.

    >> Is it possible to override the default white background color...
    > I really don't know how hard it is to do this one. I suspect if I
    > do this, it will quickly reveal that lots of people don't inherit
    > the background color properly and they'll be big white boxes on
    > white. What color SHOULD that be?

    I don't mind filing the bugs on other projects ;-). If we're using
    Aperture for the design rules, then it would be the active tab color
    (going by the meta data pane)

    >> It would look nice in the Pro App color scheme If you're are
    >> looking at using the aperture tabs.
    > So I don't actually know how Apple changes the color scheme of the
    > core components. I can't really change to the pro app backgrounds
    > without also changing the widget sets or it will look really out of
    > place.

    I'm thinking just the data browser, text view, text field so there
    less white on the gray.

    >> The tabs on the bottom edge look a bit out of place now, but
    >> changing the background colour might fix that. The non-active tabs
    >> are a different grey.
    > Yeah ... This is the old tab style. I just haven't gotten to this
    > one yet. I can't decide what it should look like. I think the
    > depressed tab track might be a little bit much for these. I
    > honestly don't like all these tabs all over the place, but I don't
    > have much of a suggestion on an alternative.

    Maybe this type of control. I don't think it is the greatest, but
    probably better than having tabs on the bottom as well.

    I thought I would install the latest nightly to see how it looked. I'm
    not sure if this is a wolips thing that was broken in 3.4 or the look
    and feel changes. I'm sure you're seeing this as well, but just incase.

    Left column/bottom left corner (both html and wod)
    Split view
    bottom right corner of the scroll views - they look like they are
    floating

    tabs

    I would like to help out on this. How can I help you out?

    Greg