Re: how SHOULD it look

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 18:54:42 EDT

    > It seems to be some sort of event tracking. If I click and hold down
    > but do not move, it stays the same, if I start to move or release
    > while over it it turns to the old red one.
    Yeah, it doesn't refresh until a mouse move event.

    >>> Is it possible to override the default white background color...
    >> I really don't know how hard it is to do this one. I suspect if I
    >> do this, it will quickly reveal that lots of people don't inherit
    >> the background color properly and they'll be big white boxes on
    >> white. What color SHOULD that be?
    >
    > I don't mind filing the bugs on other projects ;-). If we're using
    > Aperture for the design rules, then it would be the active tab color
    > (going by the meta data pane)
    "sort of" :) Since I'm not using the Pro app coloring, I lightened
    all the grays by about 20-30% but, I get your point.

    >>> The tabs on the bottom edge look a bit out of place now, but
    >>> changing the background colour might fix that. The non-active tabs
    >>> are a different grey.
    >> Yeah ... This is the old tab style. I just haven't gotten to this
    >> one yet. I can't decide what it should look like. I think the
    >> depressed tab track might be a little bit much for these. I
    >> honestly don't like all these tabs all over the place, but I don't
    >> have much of a suggestion on an alternative.
    > Maybe this type of control. I don't think it is the greatest, but
    > probably better than having tabs on the bottom as well.
    >
    > <filter.png>
    Not a fan of using this. I think it overloads this control, which is
    really a toggling control rather than a tabbing control. I think the
    bigger problem is that there's just too much going on in this editor,
    but a major redesign of that workflow is going to be pretty tricky.

    > Left column/bottom left corner (both html and wod)
    > Split view
    > bottom right corner of the scroll views - they look like they are
    > floating
    What do you mean about them floating? Are you talking the one pixel
    border inside the frame outline (this is actually a one pixel
    highlight, which I think I'm going to remove -- it looks weird
    separating the content from the border by only one pixel), or do you
    mean the ~20 pixel gray border to the side? Doesn't something appear
    in that? Maybe not ..... I know the left side is the gutter and
    warnings and breakpoints appear there. I thought the right side had
    markers in it also. Maybe I'm crazy.

    > I would like to help out on this. How can I help you out?
    It's sort of tough to help out at the moment. There's no good way to
    share this code right now. I'm thinking of importing SWT into github
    and hosting my forked code there. This sort of problem is kind of
    git's bread-and-butter.

    ms