Re: Maven Skepticism

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf (lars.sonchocky-helldor..amburg.de)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 18:20:36 EDT

    Am 02.07.2008 um 23:02 schrieb Pierce T. Wetter III:

    >> Did you add the settings.xml to your ~/.m2 folder (as described on
    >> Step 2 of Quick Start tutorial)?
    >
    > Yep.
    >
    >> Which version of Maven are you using?
    >
    > Hmmm... 2.0.6. Latest is 2.0.9. Upgrading...
    >
    > sierramadre:Inbox pierce$ tar -xzf apache-maven-2.0.9-bin.tar.gz
    > tar: A lone zero block at 4498
    >
    > Hmmm... All the tar variants have that problem. Trying the zip
    > variant.
    >
    > Ah, works now I guess. At least it did a whole bunch of stuff.

    You could also use MacPorts [1] to install stuff like maven.
    Installing MacPorts is described here: [2]. A List of available ports
    is here: [3]. Once you've got MacPorts installed you just type:

    sudo port install maven2

    and are done. The advantage of MacPorts is that the stuff installed
    by it doesn't interfere with what Apple did put onto your system, so
    your manual upgrades won't get wrecked by a system update.

    [1] http://www.macports.org/
    [2] http://www.macports.org/install.php
    [3] http://www.macports.org/ports.php

    regards,