Re: Maven Optimism

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 00:41:01 EDT

    On 10/07/2008, at 1:37 PM, Henrique Prange wrote:

    > Anjo Krank wrote:
    >> Am 09.07.2008 um 06:16 schrieb Anjo Krank:
    >> Oh, I forgot: will someone please fix the maven descriptions so
    >> they dual-build Wonder with 5.4 and 5.3. I mean, like we're doing
    >> now?
    >
    > I have talked with Lachlan about a possible solution using profiles.
    > It is on the queue. First things first. We have to build Wonder with
    > WO 5.4 correctly in first place.
    >
    > The priority of this issue 3 months ago was very low. I didn't know
    > about any other team (besides mine) using Maven to build WO
    > projects. When Lachlan started using Maven the priority changed.
    > Other issues will became important with more people using Maven. For
    > example, there is no easy way to deploy WO applications to
    > JavaMonitor. I have not implemented this task yet because we deploy
    > our application on Tomcat. But I think Lachlan and Pierce will like
    > something in that way, right?

    I currently rsync my packaged builds to our test server and then after
    they're verified, our server guy(s) rsync from there up to the
    deployment env (switching between 'a' and 'b' instances).
    Soon enough we'll get bamboo etc involved.

    But any additional options are a plus.

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck