Re: Component Editor

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 22:18:53 EDT

    On 18/07/2008, at 4:16 AM, David Avendasora wrote:

    > On Jul 17, 2008, at 1:45 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:
    >

    >>> After some discussion, I'll be happy to submit feature requests.
    >>
    >> Not much discussion here! :-)
    >
    > I think I liked you better on coffee. You were more wordful.

    He's off on holidays, so his mind might be elsewhere ;-)

    Here's some random ideas:
    - (hard to achieve) but it'd be great to be able to enable Wonder
    features via a project property (i.e., GUI-based) editor. So all those
    property keys you didn't know about are easier to adopt.

    - nice to have the concept of WO/EOF/Java-lifecycle (or MVC patterns)
    editing features to compliment Eclipse source,refactor stuff. e.g.,
    adding key to form ... generate various validate<Key>, formatters for
    key, sync'd with or driven by the EOModel etc.

    - provide wizards or something to help with multi-model set up of
    connection dictionaries and so forth (for test,develop,deploy scenarios)

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck