Re: sql generation for oracle

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2008 - 17:32:08 EDT

    > On Oct 2, 2008, at 11:31 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:
    >> So do you have a preference? Would you rather have Entity Modeler
    >> do this? I'll have to give it some thought ...
    >
    > If possible, ideally it would be done in the plugin so that you
    > don't have to muck up your cross-DB models for Oracle's oddities.
    So we have to come up with a persistent (read: reproducible) name
    munging scheme that can NEVER change regardless of what you do to your
    model. And you have to get it right the first time, because if you
    get it wrong, you ruin everyone's apps because you can't change your
    mind later (easily) without changing the names of their columns at
    runtime. eek.

    ms