Re: Migrations + Frontbase

From: Jon Nolan (jnola..ebdynamicsinc.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2008 - 23:27:04 EDT

    Mike Schrag wrote:
    >> Thanks David. I thought so too. The automatic table creation was
    >> attempted using:
    > Looks to me like you're using the wrong FrontbasePlugIn ... You want to
    > make sure you're using the FrontBasePlugIn from Wonder.
    >
    > ms

    Mike,

    In current FrontBasePlugIn.framework the class is named FrontBasePlugInPrincipal:

            public class FrontBasePlugInPrincipal {
                    static {
                            JDBCPlugIn.setPlugInNameForSubprotocol(_FrontBasePlugIn.class.getName(), "frontbase");
                    }
            }

    It appears we have a upper- v. lower-case "B" problem:

            Oct 15 19:55:23 N/A[N/A] (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:43) WARN NSLog - Principal class 'com.frontbase.FrontbasePlugInPrincipal' not found in bundle FrontBasePlugIn

    I copied the static initialization code from FrontBasePlugInPrincipal (shown above) and placed it in my application constructor. After doing so migration worked as intended. It seems the principal class reference needs to be modified and everything will be right.

    Sorry, I'm not sure how to file things such as this in JIRA... or if I even have access to do so.

    Jon