Re: Moving from Subversive to Subclipse (Was Re: Eclipse 3.4.1)

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 15:34:38 EDT

    On 21/10/2008, at 5:50 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    >>> I'm on the brink of converting to subclipse ... Subversive has
    >>> gone to hell since it moved to eclipse.org.
    >>

    >> Everyone else on my team is still using Subclipse, I was just
    >> trialling Subversive. Had I remembered that last night I would not
    >> have had to rebuild my workspace. I think I will go back after
    >> this New Hotness stuff gets settled in. Subclipse "just works".
    >
    > For anyone else who want to do this:
    > - Project - Team - Disconnect, keep the meta data
    > - uninstall all the bits of Subversive, wave bye-bye
    > - install Subclipse 1.4 version from update site http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.4.x
    > - install svn client 1.5.3 from http://homepage.mac.com/martinott/Subversion-1.5.3.pkg.zip

    or (using macports)
    $ sudo port -d selfupdate
    #if you've already got a previous version
    $ sudo port -R upgrade subversion
    #else
    $ sudo port install subversion

    > - Project - Team - Share for each project. Subclipse will detect
    > and use the existing svn metadata.

    The only annoyance I have with subversive at the moment is that when
    I've got the commit window open and I ctr-click on an item to compare
    with previous it opens the comparison behind the dialogue - which
    can't be scrolled being behind the dialogue.

    What are you liking about Subclipse?

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck