Re: Moving from Subversive to Subclipse (Was Re: Eclipse 3.4.1)

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 19:40:35 EDT

    On 21/10/2008, at 5:47 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:

    > It is dead easy to install and upgrade. It "just works", no need
    > for two update sites and mixing and matching versions until you find
    > the magic working combination. It does not corrupt my workspace
    > when I upgrade from Eclipse 3.3 to 3.4. Did I mention that it just
    > works?
    >
    > Each has a few minor advantages in features over the other. I have
    > used both quite a bit and don't find one compelling over the other.
    > Given that, I will opt for ease of install and maintenance.

    Back when I wrote the wocomponent rename support in WOLips I found
    that subclipse would have serious issues with performing the multiple
    renames that are required (renaming files and parent folder) to the
    point where it would fail if you were using subclipse, that was
    initially why I switched to subversive. Hopefully this has been fixed
    in recent versions.

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10) Ph: +61 419 729 806