new hotness and embedding

From: Jonathan Ricker (jricke..t.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 08:24:58 EST

    I'm finally starting to play with the new hotness and embedding.

     From reading the blog, I understand that running Apps from within
    eclipse will dynamically use open framework projects before the
    locally installed (/Library/Frameworks...) versions. However, 'ant
    building does NOT cross project boundaries' which means that the
    frameworks that are embedded are actually taken from the /Library/
    Framework/.. spot, right? (I'm not using any Project-local or User
    Framework embedding).

    So I guess before any deployment build it's a good idea to close all
    the related framework projects to make sure that it runs as expected
    with the locally installed frameworks (and locally installed
    frameworks must be up to date!) Otherwise there could be changes in a
    framework project that would be used when running in eclipse but
    would not be included in the embedded build.

    Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, I'd just appreciate a little
    confirmation that I'm understanding this correctly.

    Thanks,

    Jonathan