Re: Nightly => Stable?

From: Q (qdola..mail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 22:58:14 EST

    On 04/12/2008, at 1:23 PM, Gavin Eadie wrote:

    > I'm returning to WebObjects after a few months doing iPhone
    > programming to assist a colleague move to Eclipse/WOLips, and I'm
    > not sure where to take him. My own WOLips tools are still at the
    > Europa level, but I'm prepared to take the jump to Ganymede and
    > suffer any pain personally before trying to walk someone new into it.
    >
    > What would you advise? Move to 3.4.1+nightly now, wait for
    > 3.4.1+stable, get him going with 3.3+stable and migrate him later?
    > Any help much appreciated ... Gavin

    Go to 3.4.1 + nightly for now, then move to stable once it is updated.

    There isn't much happening to nightly at the moment, and anything
    potentially risky will go in after the new stable, so it's pretty safe
    to use. In fact it's better that people give it a try now so any
    issues can be addressed before the new stable is released.

    --
    Seeya...Q

    Quinton Dolan - qdola..mail.com Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (GMT+10) Ph: +61 419 729 806