Re: EOGenerator returns null - solved

From: Valerio Luccio (valerio.lucci..yu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2008 - 14:13:25 EST

    > I haven't touched my models in quite some time and now I needed to add
    > a table and wanted to generate the code for it. I downloaded the
    > Velocity EOGenerator templates, set up the preferences and generated
    > the .eogen file. When I try to use the EOGenerator I receive a "null"
    > return without any other information.
    >
    > Here are the details of my setup:
    >
    > Eclipse: Version 3.3.2, build M20080221-1800
    > EOGenerator Core/JDT/UI: 3.3.4572
    > O/S: Mac OSX Server 10.5.5
    >
    > And this is what my .eogen file looks like:
    >
    > -destination src/edu/nyu/cbi/webDB/eoUtils -java -javaTemplate
    > _Entity.java -model Resources/WebDB.eomodeld -packagedirs
    > -subclassDestination src/edu/nyu/cbi/webDB/eoUtils
    > -subclassJavaTemplate Entity.java -templatedir
    > /Applications/VelocityEOGenerator/Templates -verbose
    OK, I figured it out, but the Velocity EOGenerator should give a more
    meaningful message.

    Quite simply, I had forgotten to specify the class name and it defaulted
    to EOGenericRecord. I guess the Velocity EOGenerator doesn't like that,
    but it should give a better message than "null" ...

    --
    Valerio Luccio			(212) 998-8736
    Center for Brain Imaging	4 Washington Place, Room 156

    "In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"