Re: odd Leopard upgrade problem

From: Ray Kiddy (ra..anymede.org)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2008 - 19:19:47 EST

    On Dec 30, 2008, at 3:26 PM, David Holt wrote:

    > On 30-Dec-08, at 3:24 PM, Johann Werner wrote:
    >

    >> Am 30.12.2008 um 23:44 schrieb Ray Kiddy:
    >>

    >>> I am trying to use my eclipse projects and may have done this
    >>> wrong. I had been using Tiger for a long time. I was using a very
    >>> current eclipse and a very recent self-built WOLips and Project
    >>> Wonder. Things worked.
    >>>
    >>> Now I have Leopard (upgraded to 10.5.6), eclipse (3.4.1), WOLips
    >>> (installed via eclipse update from the nightly URL), freshly built
    >>> Project Wonder. I have also installed Xcode, then the iPhone SDK
    >>> (re-installs Xcode) but am not using Xcode for development. I did
    >>> not, though, take the WebObjects that came with the iPhone SDK. I
    >>> kept the WebObjects that came with the Leopard install disk. I
    >>> will probably end up using another install of WebObjects but I
    >>> have not put anything else together yet.
    >>
    >> IIRC version 5.4.3 of WO is not yet bundled with Xcode. You will
    >> want to download the seperate updater from the Apple support pages.

    Ok. I will go get the latest version of WO. I have to admit, I was
    pleasantly surprised to find that WebObjects was even there on the DVD
    that I got with my computer. S the fact that the included version is
    not current enough, well, I can deal.

    Looking at the iPhone SDK I just downloaded, I wish one could tell
    which version of WO they included there.

    >>> Then I just copied my workspace directory from one computer to
    >>> another. Maybe it is just silly of me to expect that that would
    >>> work....
    >>>
    >>> The problem seems to be with EOGenerator. Well, there is a red X
    >>> there and no information when one hovers, so I cannot tell what
    >>> the problem is. It has put bad code into all the generated data
    >>> classes, though, so that makes everything else red. And of course,
    >>> I can only see 100 errors, no matter how many more there are.
    >>> Hiding error information seems to be ... such a good idea, no?
    >>

    >> What kind of bad code? Perhaps your templates use the old package
    >> names of Wonder? Try to use the command "organize imports".

    I think not.

    If I have a "someDate" attribute in an entity, I see code like the
    following in the underbar source file:

       public $attribute.javaClassName someDate() {
         return ($attribute.javaClassName) storedValueForKey("someDate");
       }

    This looks non-jave-ish.

    > Are you using the Wonder variants of the EOGen templates?

    I had not installed EOGenerator myself, so I was using the EOGenerator
    support that comes with WOLips. I think that means that the answer to
    your question is yes.