Re: Storing GMT dates?

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 09:01:53 EST

    Sorry Alexander, I meant to reply to this.

    Most databases, to my knowledge, do not store dates with a time zone
    associated with them. I haven't played too much with storing things
    in GMT or any other specific time zone, but I would imagine that
    you'll need a helper method to do the time zone translations for you.
    For example, override the get/set methods in your subclass to convert
    from/to GMT. (This means you'll have to physically convert the time,
    not just apply the time zone offset.)

    Maybe someone else will correct me if I'm wrong on this, but that is
    the first approach I would try.

    /dev/mrg