Making data maps part of cayenne.xml

From: Shengaout, Michael (michael.shengaou..irant.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 16:52:01 EDT

    More I was using Cayenne Modeler, more I thought that the Data Maps should be made a part of the cayenne.xml rather than have XML files of their own. Here are the reasons:
    1. Fewer files to deploy.
    2. Fewer steps for creating a new data map. You don't need to select the path for the XML file.
    I believe moving data maps to the project XML file (cayenne.xml) rather than keeping it in its own XML file will make the application much more intuitive and easy to use. We may still have Export/Import Data Map feature to allow exporting database structure for other projects.

    Let me know what you think.

    Misha