Revert function

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 17:01:12 EST

    Well, in the face of deafening silence :-), I have made it so that when
    a toMany relationship is modified on a Committed CayenneDataObject, the
    persistence state of the object is changed to Modified. Standard code
    that already executes for every updated object checks and finds that no
    other attributes have changed from the snapshot, and thus avoids an
    unnecessary update.

    Performance impact is thus negligible, no additional memory
    requirements, and it doesn't seem to negatively affect anything else
    (all unit tests continue to run quite happily).

    If I don't hear any screams of protest in the next day or so, I'll
    commit it. :-)

    In the principles of XP-style babysteps, I'll leave it at that for now
    (the other suggestions from Holger look interesting, but aren't required
    for this bit of functionality).
    And in the principles of Opensource "scratch the itch", I'll leave the
    others suggestions for more interested parties to pursue as they see
    fit. :-)

    Craig