Algorithm notes... where?

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 15:39:39 EST

    Hi all,
            I've finally worked around the madness associated with delete rules
    (more tests needed... it still makes me nervous), but in the process
    have some mildly complex alogorithms (they make more sense as you study
    them, but initially they are hard to grok). Where is the best place for
    some largish scale algorithm notes (pseudo code probably, plus
    discussion) on WHY it all works. These are definitely a good idea, for
    aiding bug fixing and refactoring (or rewriting), providing a baseline
    for what should be happening. If the theory is wrong, then it can be
    modified along with the code, or if the code doesn't match it can be
    fixed (rather than wondering if a given concept is deliberate or not)

    A big comment block before the method? That's my preference, but then
    the code has a big chunk of comment in it (which can look out of place
    sometimes). Somewhere else?

    Craig