Re: My local Cayenne changes

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 16:01:50 EST

    No, I think this adds value, though I am not ready to jump on it right away:

    1. It does save a trip to the database (well, depending on how this is done
    in the driver, but I am sure there will be performance increase in most
    cases).

    2. It allows to avoid extra objects in the schema generated purely for the
    PK generation sake.

    3. It caters to people who have existing databases used by other
    applications.

    Andrus