Re: Tapestry Startup Errors

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 17:38:14 EST

    That's certainly one option, and has serious advantages with respect to
    "just working". In the meantime, not using BasicServletConfiguration
    and just putting the map xml files on the class path works well.

    In some respects it's kind of nasty for the servlet container to do
    stuff to sessions from a servlet before initializing at least one
    instance of the servlet. But I don't think the servlet spec says
    anything about that, so we're out of luck.

    I'll look into deferring getting the parent of the DataContext until
    needed.

    Craig