Re: Initial event handling

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 10:35:15 EST

    I wrote:

    > - extend/implement the standard java.util event interfaces, e.g. make
    > ObserverEvent extend EventObject etc.

    Done! This required slight changes to addObserver() and postObserverEvent:

    - addObserver now needs the class of the event argument passed to the
    invoked method implemented in the listener. Since this can be ambiguous
    (observer implements multiple listener interfaces) it has to be specified
    at registration time.

    - postObserverEvent now receives the event generated by the poster instead
    of creating it itself; this is not possible anymore since the same client
    can post events of different classes.

    ObserverEvent/ObserverEventListener are pretty much empty now; we can
    leave them in as common superclass/interfaces for later.

    -h