Re: Cayenne and Hibernate

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 11:33:21 EST

    Howard,

    I am breaking our rules against crossposting and sending your message to
    the developer list as well. There may be some people on this list who have
    hands on experience with Hibernate (I personally don't).

    All I can say is how things are moving along in Cayenne. Yes, Hibernate
    seems to have more manpower, but Cayenne is gaining its momentum. And in
    truly OpenSource fashion - developers who use it on their jobs contribute
    code and ideas. Last 6 month we have steady increase in traffic on the
    website and the mailing lists. Development team is expanding and the core
    of the framework is very stable and IMO has reached its maturity
    (nevermind the Alpha status).

    BTW, text-to-objects parser is one of the things I was planning for all
    along (EOF-style), so it is coming. But of course you can't include in
    your book something that is not in the framework :-).

    Anyone else can comment on Cayenne vs. Hibernate?

    Andrus