Re: Cayenne Operations Sorters

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 10:39:16 EST

    Sounds like a plan!

    See more comments below.

    >> Andriy, do you feel like taking the lead on that switch?
    >
    > Yes, of course I can do that. The following plan seems decent to me:
    >
    > 1) We add configurable sequences to Cayenne - this will be needed by
    > Step 2.

    Could you explain a bit on how this will be done? I remember you added
    some handling for this in the DataMap and introduced some changes in the
    XML format?

    > 2) I integrate the testing app to formally run against Cayenne. At this
    > stage the tests will most likely fail but we will be able to use it for
    > testing the consequent integration steps.

    Cool. Once all tests succeed, I will add this feature to the nightly builds.

    > 3) Batches in the form discussed below are added to Cayenne (yet not
    > used by the commit until Step 5 is done)
    >
    > 4) The referential graph gets switched from utilization of the JDBC
    > metadata to the data map info.
    >
    > 5) I will introduce my ContextCommit into Cayenne and integrate support
    > for reflexives, flattened rels, delete rules.
    > Important note: I briefly analysed the existing code for resolution
    > of
    > reflexive relationships. It is my belief we are able to handle the
    > situation when there are several reflexive relationships per entity
    > and this feature may be added to my current sorting-commit algorithm. I
    > will use ashwood to implement this and it will be the first step in the
    > direction of resolution of the cyclic dependencies.

    Lets go with it, once it is done we should look into integrating this
    better with current translators.

    Andrus