Re: Postgres adaptor

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 22:39:16 EST

    Looks like our last push towards Beta is about to add some serious value.
    PostgreSQL, Hsql, batch queries, correct ordering, stored procedures, BLOBS
    (hopefully). This is going to rule!!

    At 04:21 AM 2/6/2003 +0100, you wrote:
    >Why am I writing all this stuff? Well, because to make things work with
    >Postgresql we'll have to change the unit tests. The ARTIST DBEntity for
    >example has a DATE_OF_BIRTH attribute, declared as TIME. I suppose this
    >should really be a DATE instead. There's more of such examples, I can
    >provide a full list if necessary....
    >
    >I tried to play around with different mappings e.g. map TIME to timestamp
    >in the database etc. but still no success. The Unit Tests keep failing
    >(I'm still looking into details).
    >
    >So I guess it comes down to the question if we'll fix the unit tests and
    >who'll do it.

    I volunteer to look at this.

    But if we make DATE_OF_BIRTH to be a DATE (as it should be), the next
    logical step is to add more entities with TIME and TIMESTAMP columns just
    to test how this works with various databases. I guess I can create a
    separate entity with all 3 types of columns present.

    Andrus