Re: PostgreSQL Failures

From: Dirk Olmes (dirk.olme..mx.de)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 11:58:04 EST

    >>(PostgreSQL)
    >>I am connecting from the Windows box to the Linux machine runnig
    >>PostgreSQL 7.2.3. When I run unit tests, most of them fail (tables are
    >
    > I suggest using 7.3.2 (latest), there were a huge number of bug fixes and
    > feature enhancements from 7.2, most notably schema support.

    I second that. All my testing was against 7.3.1 and lately against 7.3.2.
    I have tested on several platforms (more by accident than
    intentionally): postgres 7.3.1 running on OSX, postgres 7.3.[12] running
    on Windows (the cygwin port) and the 7.3.2 installation on Linux that
    Holger tests against as well.

    The only testcase that's still failing is the SelectQueryTst

    > This is strange and really should not happen. I just tested current CVS
    > from Windows against Dirk's 7.3.2 setup on Linux and it worked flawlessly
    > (just like my setup at home), with only one known failure in
    > SelectQueryTst related to LIKE. This is the same result as yesterday
    > before your CharType modifications, so nothing changed.

    Yes, that's related to a special QueryTranlator that's attached to CHAR
    columns in Oracle. Sidenote: one can attach exactly the same
    QueryTranslator to the PostgresAdaptor and all tests run green so I
    guess we'd better factor that out - or was this the change that Holger
    is talking about? Sorry, I didn't update my copy yet, too busy ...

    -dirk