Re: PostgreSQL Failures

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 13:42:29 EST

    Dirk Olmes wrote:
    > The only testcase that's still failing is the SelectQueryTst

    yup.

    > Yes, that's related to a special QueryTranlator that's attached to CHAR
    > columns in Oracle. Sidenote: one can attach exactly the same
    > QueryTranslator to the PostgresAdaptor and all tests run green so I
    > guess we'd better factor that out - or was this the change that Holger
    > is talking about? Sorry, I didn't update my copy yet, too busy ...

    The QueryTranslator is not yet attached to the PostgreSQL adaptor, but
    yetsredays' addition to CharType can now indicate whether an adaptor wants
    to trim char strings or not. This is the case and switched on, but has no
    effect (yet).
    I'm curious about the BLOB support (now that it exists), the tests
    currently handle this specifically for VARBINARY. Is this still necessary?

    Holger