Re: Where to start ?

From: Nanik Tolaram (nanikjav..otmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 06:05:20 EST

    Hi,

    Most of the time I do my development not using IDE but using TextPad and I
    prefer that way. The only time I use IDE is for debugging purposes but other
    than that I'm happy with it. I have downloaded Cayenne and were able to
    compile it from scratch without a problem and besides that I've also written
    a test app to use Cayenne.

    I don't have any experience in OODBMS but I have experience in RDBMS (SQL
    Server, Oracle, MySQL). At the moment my current environment is as follows,

        - Windows 2000 Prof
        - Textpad
        - JDK1.4.1
        - TOMCAT 4.1.12
        - MySQL

    As for experience in persistence layer I have used a persistence layer
    called SQL2JAVA but only a short while. I've read a lot about PL and at
    minimum I know how it work.

    Cheers
    Nanik