Re: ContextCommit refactorings

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 16:02:40 EST

    Just my $0.02 worth on this. With the most recent version from CVS, I
    switched to the new commit() which uses ContextCommit, and ran the
    normal unit tests. Got failures in CDOReflexiveRelDeleteTst (not sure
    if this is the same as what's happening in regression tests). Had a
    poke, and it turns out that it is Delete Rules causing problems.
    Nullify means that the code in RefIntegritySupport cannot determine the
    relationships between the objects anymore (it uses the properties which
    have just been conveniently nullified by DataContext.deleteObject).
    This may be the same problem that is tripping up the regression tests.

    The "solution" is in OperationSorter (been there, fixed this problem
    before) where if the related object is null according to the properties
    (readPropertyDirectly), then the fk/pk of the relationship is manually
    twiddled to find the relevant objects (Line 354-367 of
    OperationSorter).

    Don't know if this helps or not...

    Craig