Re: Configuration cleanup (mostly) done!

From: Dirk Olmes (dirk.olme..mx.de)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 22:41:28 EST

    > P.S. This weekend I got a bit carried away installing JDK 1.4.1 on my
    > PowerBook. JDK 1.4 is still a "bleeding edge" for Apple, so this just
    > didn't work - modeler (or any other Swing app) simply will not start.
    > Oh
    > well, back to Windows/Linux till Apple sorts things out.

    Not any more! The new age has begun - JDK 1.4.1 is available via
    SoftwareUpdate.

    Just installed and rebooted. Checkout went seamless and the cayenne
    distro built in 1:07 on my Pismo 400 :-) Modeler runs just fine.

    Sidenote: I tried to run Eclipse/OSX on the new 1.4.1 JDK - to no
    avail. Compiles fail with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in the Eclipse
    Java Compiler :-( This definitely needs more work.

    Back to bed!

    -dirk