DataContext.clearFlattenedUpdateQueries vs. ContextCommit

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 18:43:17 EST

    As mentioned previously I removed the call to clearFlattenedUpdateQueries
    from ContextCommit, made it protected to DataContext and moved it into
    commit(Level) like this:

            try {
                worker.commit(logLevel);
                this.clearFlattenedUpdateQueries();
            } catch (CayenneException ex) {
                throw new CayenneRuntimeException(ex);
            }

    While all tests run just fine, I'm not so sure whether this is correct.
    The docs for clearFlattenedUpdateQueries() say:
    "Should be called once the queries returned by getFlattenedUpdateQueries
    have been succesfully executed or reverted and are no longer needed.".
    The successful case should work, but what should happen if an Exception is
    raised? Should the arrays still be cleared? This was not the case
    previously, and I don't know what the right thing would be. Any ideas?

    Holger