Re: QueryRunner interface

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2003 - 18:59:24 EST

    On Friday, March 14, 2003, at 10:33 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Eventually
    > (not now) DataNode and adapter will likely become the same thing,
    > which is
    > probably a good thing.

    Well, this time has come. Node was not merged with DbAdapter, but
    instead DbAdapter is now a factory for the nodes.

    After thinking about the whole QueryRunner rearchitecture, I realized
    that even a node having a customizable query runner is not enough. For
    instance we will not be able implement an LDAP adapter with just a
    custom QueryRunner. Also in Cayenne design DataNode *was* a query
    runner already - the lowest possible level of communication with the
    data source. Adding another level of indirection just seemed unnatural.

    I checked all the needed code for this. Now back to customizing queries
    by adapter....

    Andrus