Configuration update & remaining issue

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 15:17:24 EST

    I've checked in my changes to Configuration, ResourceLoader & friends. RL
    now does much better logging when looking up/loading resources, so that
    should help for finding problems. Also a simple empty subclasses of
    DefaultConfiguration can be put into arbitrary packages along with all
    config files. This works for filesystems as well as JARs. (for me ;-)

    One thing that I'm not yet completely happy with is the handling of
    resource loading via ServletContext by BasicServletConfiguration. Servlets
    supposedly must use this ServletContext to find & load stuff, and there's
    actually a hardcoded dependency for this in DriverDataSourceFactory:154.
    Offhand I think the cleanest way to handle this would be a RL subclass
    ServletContextResourceLoader that acts appropriately. This could make
    DriverDataSource.getWebAppInputStream() go away and also fix the
    (intentional) hole in BasicServletConfiguration.getResourceLocator().

    Any others ideas very welcome, I'm not too familiar with hidden
    Classloaders/Servlets issues.

    Holger