Stored Procedures Support

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 13:20:18 EST

    Last night I finished most of the work planned for Beta related to stored
    procedure support. This has been tested on Sybase (Sybase stored procedure
    implementation being fully JDBC compatible). I will work on Oracle
    integration now (in Oracle you have to go to an extra pain to get a result
    set from a stored procedure).

    StoredProcedures work either as a simple select query, run via

       DataContext.performQuery(GenericSelectQuery)

    or in a more general way that allows to collect multiple result sets and
    update counts via

       DataContext.performQueries(Query, OperationObserver)

    with Query being ProcedureQuery and observer being QueryResult. I will
    write a chapter in the User Guide about that.

    AFAIK, MySQL does not support stored procedures. How about HSQLDB and
    PostgreSQL? The way to do a test is to follow the logic in SybaseDelegate
    in unit tests, and create DDL scripts to create/drop test procedures
    called from the Delegate (something I am not sure how to do for
    HSQLDB/Postgres). Anyone volunteers?

    Andrus