Re: Beta Schedule

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 07:08:21 EST

    Arndt Brenschede wrote:
    > More important for me and for my position in proposing
    > cayenne internally is performance. I understand and
    > support your attitude of postponing performance tuning,
    > but maybe for a start we can get prepared statement caching
    > into beta?

    I remember - did you implement the statement cache like we discussed? Does
    it really provide a measurable performance boost? I ask since I'm curious
    - I do not know what makes prepared statement creation so supposedly slow.

    One important thing about this cache is IMHO that it should be possible to
    set its size (0 to disable); other than that I think this is a nice
    feature that should go in - if not for b1 then b2 or whenever it's ready.
    Passing all existing unit tests & running correctly in the regression app
    (once it's working again ;) is the go/no-go criterion as far as I'm
    concerned.

    Holger