Re: Beta Schedule

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 06:58:42 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > With stored procedure support added (the last piece of the original plan
    > for Beta), I think we are more or less ready to go Beta. Since I am going
    > on vacation next Friday, I am planning a release on April 19-20. Is
    > everybody OK with that?

    I think I can get the new Configuration setup documented until then (most
    likely earlier).

    > A few things for Beta with the goal in mind to make Beta as short as we
    > can, make 1.0 final, and start 1.1 ;-)

    Yes, I agree with your points. Some more thoughts -

    - could someone please test the ServletConfiguration (probably together
    with Tapestry 2.3 final?) and let me know what happens? I suspect nothing
    too successful :-)

    - get performance and regression working again, and then as ant targets,
    disable them until they work (so people don't start them only to stumble).

    - do we still need the .bat files? I'd rather do away with them, they are
    a hassle to maintain and rely too much on environment settings, paths etc.

    - IMHO both should probably take the -Dcayenne.test.connection parameter
    and simply exit with an error message if it's not set, instead of limping
    along. IMHO this might be useful for the regular tests as well, or maybe
    just skipping the unit tests that require it. Don't know if that's
    possible.

    - do we have enough tests for BLOBs and character arrays vs. Strings? the
    trimming problem, you remember..

    Holger