Re: Tidy up of flattened rels

From: Craig Miskell (cmiskel..lbatross.co.nz)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 04:00:50 EST

    "Bother", said Pooh.

    Turns out that my chosen approach isn't so good afterall.. the "unforseen
    problem" was that DataContext.objectFromDataRow (ultimately called after
    fetch has occurred) uses an ObjectId constructed from the DataRow to find
    the hollow object in the object store. Because the FaultObjectId is
    something completely different, it doesn't find the hollow object, so
    creates a new one. Bad karma results.

    Looks like it has to be the first option, as the only alternative I can
    see consists of creating a new query subclass and tweaking
    ContextSelectObserver to handle that query differently... that strikes me
    as particularly ugly.

    Andrus: Any hints? You've apparently thought at least vaguely about
    it...

    Thanks,
    Craig