Re: Stored Procedures Support

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 02:28:06 EST

    On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 08:23 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    >> One plea..would it be possible to use regular names like
    >> 'ProcedureParameter', 'addCallParameter' etc.? I find these
    >> abbreviated
    >> names very hard to remember, especially since we don't call Attribute
    >> 'Attr' either..I think we can afford the additional characters ;)
    >
    > +1.
    >
    > I will do the renaming. Actually I was going to do that earlier, but I
    > wanted to stay consistent with "addParam" methods in parameterized
    > queries. I guess I will rename those as well.

    Finally Cayenne started to work with Oracle Stored Procedures (PL/SQL
    procedures and functions to be precise). I did all the API renaming
    across the board (as discussed: *Param -> *Parameter). One thing you
    may notice that Expression.expWithParams became "expWithParameters",
    not "expressionWithParameters". In case of expressions we use "exp"
    abbreviation consistently in many methods, and I would like to keep it
    this way for one reason - this is the case where shortest method name
    is the best due to the possible chaining, e.g.:

       Expression e = e1.orExp(e2).andExp(e3).andExp(e4);

    Also Procedure/ProcedureParameter no longer inherit from
    DbEntity/DbAttribute. This was dubious at best (Stored Procedure having
    a primary key :-)). Though in the future ResultSets returned by the
    procedure may need to be better described in terms of mapping (now
    Cayenne guesses all the metadata information used to read result sets).

    Hopefully procedures will make its way to the DataMap and MapLoader
    before beta (but not the modeler).

    Andrus