Re: Cayenne Examples (data migration tool)

From: Arndt Brenschede (a..iamos.de)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 02:45:55 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Any other good ideas for such examples? It would be nice if all examples
    > were solving a particular programming problem or demonstrating the use
    > of some not so obvious feature in Cayenne.

    An offline-processing example demonstrating
    efficient reading/writing of millions of
    objects would be instructive.

    That needs, besides the Context-Commit,
    efficient prefetching and a mechanism
    to keep the memory clean.

    (Should also be true fo the copy tool,
    if it's supposed to work on big databases?)

    I still need a patch for efficient offline
    processing (attached), so here's the deal:

    you integrate that feature,
    I provide the example+documenation :-)

    best regards,

    Arndt