Re: Failed to load domain and/or its maps/nodes

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 20:43:16 EST

    While Troy's question is being discussed on the cayenne-user, I think
    it raises an issue we must address in the upcoming beta.

    The exception below is the most often quoted error that new users get.
    At least 3 people mailed me privately about this last month. Reasons
    ranged from typos in database URLs to JDBC drivers not included in the
    CLASSPATH, i.e all kinds of environment configuration issues, not
    directly related to Cayenne. Cayenne's fault here is insufficient error
    reporting. While this could be fixed by turning on logging, such
    solution is not obvious and the exceptions must be self explanatory by
    definition.

    My solution to that would be to create a new method "String
    ConfigStatus.describeFailures()" and add the output of this method to
    the message of the thrown exception. Before I do that, I wanted to post
    to this list, since Holger was lately working on configuration logging
    issues and I don't want to interfere with his work.

    Andrus