Re: Unit Test Reports

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 23:06:52 EST

    Correction - the timings are actually done for Xalan runs, so the
    numbers below are not the right ones. The actual slowness happens just
    before Xalan call, as described by Holger. Nevertheless I can see at
    least 50x speedup for the reports (on Linux - 3 seconds with the patch
    vs 170 seconds without)

    Andrus

    On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 10:52 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Holger,
    >
    > looks like your Ant patch is doing its magic. Report generation time
    > is down to 14 sec on 1.8 GHz Linux and 60 sec on a 800MHz PowerBook
    > Mac OS X! Now this is bearable (esp. 14 sec. :-)). On my part I
    > reorganized the build file to allow forcing test reports even if no
    > failures occurred (use another property: -Dcayenne.test.report=true).
    > This will be useful for things like nightly builds.
    >
    > I submitted bug report to Ant team, but it was closed without
    > investigation. They were simply reluctant to fix other's bugs, so
    > nobody even bothered to look into the suggested fix. Oh well, we did
    > our part, what do we care now.
    >
    > Andrus
    >

    > On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 11:55 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >> On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 09:00 AM, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
    >>
    >>> - I look into ant's DOMElementWriter and see a shared StringBuffer
    >>> ivar sb
    >>> that seems to be reused. An alarm bell goes off. Every written DOM
    >>> element
    >>> string is mangled via encode(), where I see that the shared
    >>> StringBuffer
    >>> is first set to size 0, then filled, then at the very end - the
    >>> terrible
    >>> toString() happens. I replace toString() with substring(0,