Re: Unit Test Reports

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 08:08:52 EST

    > looks like your Ant patch is doing its magic. Report generation time is
    > down to 14 sec on 1.8 GHz Linux and 60 sec on a 800MHz PowerBook Mac OS
    > X! Now this is bearable (esp. 14 sec. :-)). On my part I reorganized

    :-)

    Actually even just making the XMLResultAggregator use buffered streams &
    writers for each test case' XML output yielded 2 seconds - the entire
    suite now runs in 11 instead of 13 seconds for me.

    > the build file to allow forcing test reports even if no failures
    > occurred (use another property: -Dcayenne.test.report=true). This will
    > be useful for things like nightly builds.

    excellent - thanks. just tested and it works fine.

    > I submitted bug report to Ant team, but it was closed without
    > investigation. They were simply reluctant to fix other's bugs, so
    > nobody even bothered to look into the suggested fix. Oh well, we did
    > our part, what do we care now.

    Now that makes me angry. The bug(s) behave differently on other JDK
    versions, but just shrugging that off is highly unprofessional and
    reflects badly on the Apache organization. It's not their responsibility
    to fix Java or JDK bugs, but a runtime factor >100 is not something to
    ignore, especially since it will only be fixed in Java 1.5 which is still
    far in the future. Imagine the time wasted for large projects that have
    hundreds or thousands of unit tests. :-(

    Holger