Re: Status of BasicServletConfiguration

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 11:57:38 EDT

    Scott,

    > I tried out the nightly build from 4/3 and found out that
    > BasicServletConfiguration is crippled. I saw messages talking about

    Yup. that was my work, the..H is a reminder for me.

    > implementing a ServletContextResourceLocator and making adjustments to

    I'm not sure whether it's really necessary to subclass ResourceLocator -
    does the WEB-INF directory really constitute a 'directory' (as in file
    system) or more a classpath-like resource?

    > DriverDataSourceFactory to remove the special WebApp handling. I think I

    Good catch - all loading should be consistently done either via the
    configuration (for Domain and Map) or the attached ResourceLocator (for
    the DataSource).

    > understand enough of this to do the work - unless it is already in progress.

    I don't have a working Servlet app to implement or test this right now,
    but if you want to take a swing at it - please do and just mail me
    directly if you have questions or problems.

    thanks!
    Holger