Question about ObjectId

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 11:43:23 EDT

    I'm trying to reproduce Laszlo Spoor's flattened relationship bug and just
    realized that ObjectId takes the name of the DbAttribute instead of the
    name of the ObjAttribute. This is extremely surprising! I don't know why I
    haven't noticed this before, but shouldn't this be regarded as a bug? I
    mean when I have to know the name of the physical attribute when
    constructing an ObjectId, it violates the Obj/Db* layer separation. Maybe
    even the name of the attribute should be completely taken out, after all
    we already have the class/ObjEntity in question and can find the name of
    the PK(s) from the mapping.
    Thoughts?

    Holger