Re: Plans for Beta 3

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 22:49:48 EDT

    Umm.. yeah, I'd like to see this work too :-).

    I'd probably start with a validation message in the modeler, like you
    suggested. The real fix will require some time due to the way
    CayenneDataObject currently works - no changes are tracked on the "one"
    side of the relationship, rather this is done on "many" side. Currently
    we don't even consider an object as modified if its "to-many" array
    contents were changed (originally this was done for efficiency reasons,
    since this is ultimately irrelevant to the generated SQL). So some
    rework will be needed.

    Andrus