Interesting DB Adapter problem

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 07:59:12 EDT

    As I said in reply to Mario Linke on cayenne-users, I've started a DB2
    DbAdapter, and as usual I'm approaching this by getting the unit tests
    running. Mario has already sent me his DB2PkGenerator. :)
    First snag: explicit NULL is not allowed. Is this 'standard' SQL? I
    always thought you only need to specify NOT NULL explicitly, and that
    anything else is allowed to be NULL by default. If so, maybe we could
    remove this default-NULL from the JdbcAdapter? Would spare me a whole
    method.
    Another interesting problem is the Artist name column (again :-), it's
    CHAR(255) but DB2 wants CHARACTER. Easy enough, but CHARACTERs can only be
    of size 254 max - any suggestion about how to handle this? I'd rather not
    map this to a different type for consistency.

    Holger