Re: Oracle Connection Manager failure

From: Andriy Shapochka (ashapochk..otmail.com)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 03:30:51 EDT

    > Hmm, never used Connection Manager. Looks interesting, though I still
    > don't know how this can be useful for my applications.

    Well, Oracle recommends using the manager when one has web server and
    database server on diffirent boxes and wants to expose web server only but
    needs to connect to the database from outside. Then one just installs
    Connection Manager on the webhost and connects over it. In addition it can
    be configured as a simple firewall. Actually the thing is quite helpful.

    > I agree. Configuration would be a good place for a global shutdown method,
    > since it holds all DataDomains. So we will need to implement:
    >
    > Configuration.shutdown();
    > DataDomain.shutdown();
    > DataNode.shutdown()
    >
    > the last one will need to check the type of DataSource and if this is a
    > recognized type (Cayenne's PoolManager), call "dispose" on it.
    >
    > My +1 for treating this as a bug and fixing it while we are in Beta.
    >
    > Andrus

    That done and checked in.

    Andriy.