Re: locking rows?

From: Arndt Brenschede (a..iamos.de)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 02:40:41 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > You are right. It looks much worse than I thought.
    > Given that "getUpdateCount" result is correct, or we can make it correct
    > (I don't completely understand the problems you are having with it),

    just a nasty bug. If you call getUpdateCount twice, you get
    a "-1" - and this is not resetted by "executeBatch". So if
    you do:
    executeBatch()
    getUpdateCount()
    addBatch()
    addBatch
    executeBatch()
    getUpdateCount()

    then this second getUpdateCount yields -1

    > In the worst case scenario, if a batch consists of
    > thousands of rows, and a primary key is compound
    > (so that IN() can't be used), WHERE clause is gonna
    > be *very* long.

    thats precicly what we do in the "PrefetchHelper"
    and the batch sizes are chosen such that the
    queries are not too long...

    regards,

    Arndt