Re: Cayenne Data View Modeler merged with Cayenne 1.1-dev

From: Andriy Shapochka (ashapochk..otmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 15:23:17 EST

    Sweet! I can run Data View Modeler on Mac with no problems whatsoever.
    It is feels much faster than CayenneModeler, and though it subverts
    default Mac OS look-and-feel, its own look-and-feel is great. Hope I'll
    get some time soon to try it out in action.

    > <!ELEMENT view
    > <!ATTLIST view
    > name CDATA #REQUIRED
    > location CDATA #REQUIRED

    +1

    Andrus

    Thanks a lot, Andrus. The interesting question of look'&'feel policies you
    touch here. At various times I held debate with myself whether a GUI should
    be designed to support the look'&'feel of user's/operating system choice or
    be trimmed and cut for the preselected one (preferably aesthetic and
    bug-free). It is a pity to lose the great aqua look'&'feel, for instance,
    but on the other hand I tend to think the own project's style should be
    carefully considered and planned and various small customizations should be
    made to improve on the details of the users' experience with the product and
    these points seem prevaling enough to justify l&f preselection. DVModeler is
    part of this experiment :).

    Andriy.