EventSubject as WeakHashMap key in EventManager

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 13:55:15 EST

    Hi,

    I remember there was a discussion way back about weak references in the
    event mechanism. Now that I am doing lots of testing with it (and btw,
    1.1 EventManager seems to be very robust), I ran a few times into a
    problem of deallocated invocation queues due to the fact that
    EventSubject used wasn't owned by any object, but instead was created
    locally.

    What was the original reason for making EventSubject a weak key as
    opposed to say manually cleaning the invocation queues whose items have
    been deallocated?

    Thanks
    Andrus