Suggested project.dtd changes

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 16:14:13 EST

    To accommodate the new feature that I am adding in 1.1, namely
    configurable shared cache and remote notifications, I came up with the
    following additions to the project (cayenne.xml) DTD:

    --- src/cayenne/dtd/project.dtd 27 Oct 2002 03:49:04 -0000 1.2
    +++ src/cayenne/dtd/project.dtd 22 Nov 2003 21:04:28 -0000
    ..-8,11 +8,16 @@
             project-version CDATA

    -<!ELEMENT domain (map*, node*)>
    +<!ELEMENT domain (property*, map*, node*)>
      <!ATTLIST domain
             name CDATA #REQUIRED

    +<!ELEMENT property>
    +<!ATTLIST property
    + name CDATA #REQUIRED
    + value CDATA #REQUIRED
    +>

      <!ELEMENT map (dep-map-ref*)>
      <!ATTLIST map

    This is a bit of a philosophy shift from our earlier "strongly typed"
    structure. I want to allow arbitrary properties to be configured for
    DataDomain. This mirrors the way configuration of DataRowStore is done
    currently in the code (see
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.event.JavaGroupsBridgeFactory and
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.event.JMSBridgefactory). The advantage of this
    approach is that users can supply their own properties if they want
    things like custom factories for remote notifications, etc. This also
    opens a way for other currently unforeseen configuration opportunities
    of DataDomains (any of the EOF users misses "userInfo" dictionary
    functionality ? ;-))

    Andrus