Maven + Re: Cayenne Data View Modeler merged with Cayenne 1.1-dev

From: Andriy Shapochka (ashapochk..otmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 05:49:45 EST

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Andrus Adamchik" <andru..bjectstyle.org>
    To: <cayenne-deve..bjectstyle.org>
    Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 9:31 AM
    Subject: Re: Cayenne Data View Modeler merged with Cayenne 1.1-dev

    > I started using JGoodies forms in the modeler, so to get access to the
    > "extras" I compiled our own jar file for them - forms-extras-1.0.2.jar
    > - and put it into otherlib. I haven't touched dvmodeler subproject, but
    > maybe you can also switch it to the precompiled jar, so that we all
    > share these classes from the same source. What do you think?
    >
    > Andrus

    Just did that. dvmodeler relies on forms-extras-1.0.2. jar from now on and
    the corresponding sources are removed from CVS.

    On a side note. Have you looked into Apache Maven by any chance? The other
    day I started to set up one of my new projects to use maven for project
    administration instead of pure ant. All in all I like it for its appealing
    ability to fit nicely into multi- component/subproject/deployment node
    structure and clean and consistent approach to the administration tasks. At
    the same time I am aware of the criticisms to its address (see theServerSide
    for relevant discussions, for instance). So I am very interested to get your
    and other developers' opinion on the subject and feasibility of utilizing it
    in Cayenne for project management.

    Andriy.